- THIS Wednesday, April 25, 9am: Parent Club meeting plus Q&A with LHS admin for 8th grade parents
- THIS Thursday, April 26, 5-7:15pm: Transition to Adulthood
- THIS Friday, April 27: Last Day to Order a Flower Basket. ORDER HERE
- Saturday, May 5, 9am - 1pm @ LJHS: Mental Health: What Parents Need to Know. RSVP HERE
NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, April 25, 9am at LJHS
Please join us for our next Parent Club meeting. Here's what we'll cover:
1. Vote on the new slate of Parent Club Board members:
The LJHS Parent Club Executive Board is pleased to present the following proposed slate of officers for the 2018-19 school year. Many thanks to these amazing parents for volunteering to lead our organization making possible Parent Club's continued support of our students, teachers and administration.
- Co-Presidents: Tamara DiVergilio and Ashley Krause
- Co-Vice Presidents: Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese
- Secretary: Lara James
- Treasurer: Zsuzsanna Winston
- Volunteer Coordinator: Lynne Thompson
- Fundraising Coordinator: OPEN
3. For parents of 8th graders: Have a Q&A about high school with the following:
- LHS Principal Jen Schiele
- LHS Counselors Brent Prasnikar (counselor A-Gi), David Salerno Owens (RTI Coordinator/Freshman Transition Specialist), and Paula Emery (counselor Gj-N))
- Pacer Club Officers President Analeis Weidlich, Vice-President Christina Monk, and Secretary Susan Marek
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS! LAST WEEK TO ORDER
Now through THIS Friday, April 27th
Spring is here. Brighten your patio with hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price – and proceeds will benefit the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter. They make a great Mother's Day gift! All online orders are due by Friday, April 27th.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Weds, May 9th (2-5:30pm). Baskets are supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR.
- CLICK HERE to order now
MENTAL HEALTH: WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
Presented by the LJHS Parent Club and Shattering Stigma with Stories
Saturday, May 5, 9am - 1pm, at LJHS
Anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges can happen to our kids or to their friends. It can be hard to understand or know how to help. Join us for this half-day conference to learn more about kids and depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide and other mental health issues kids may face, as well as what to look for and how to get help. Panel discussion and sessions will be led by professionals from three different Lake Oswego-area clinics as well as school district personnel.
Areas of focus will include:
- Panel discussion on stress, depression, and anxiety,
- Personal stories about depression, self-harm, anxiety, ADHD, and autism
- Expert breakout sessions and presentations on suicide & self-harm, anxiety disorders, working with the school to support your child, coping skills for kids AND parents, as well as practical strategies for helping when mental illness happens to someone you care about.
- This event is free of charge.
- Parents only please. No childcare provided.
- For more information, contact email@example.com or conference director Tara Rolstad at Tara@tararolstad.com.
TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD
Thursday, April 26th, 5-7:15pm in the Staff Development Room located in Bldg 2477 on the Lake Oswego High School Campus. This Bldg is on the right side of the parking lot as you enter from Country Club Road. RSVP's appreciated but not required.
Graduation is a huge milestone, especially when your student has a disability. Come figure out what you need to be doing now to make this transition as smooth as possible. If you think you have years before you have to think about adulthood, you might be surprised. There are things you can do right now to help your child when they get to 18.
- 5:00-5:15: Vendor booths
- 5:15-6:45: Adult service resources including Developmental Disabilities and Brokerage Services; Vocational Support resources and job development; Post-Secondary Disability Services; Guardianship and Able Accounts; TriMet Travel Training
- 6:45-7:15: Individual Q&A's with vendors
ONGOING VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- STUDENT STORE: The student store would love your used printer cartridges. Please consider donating any used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 4/25/18 @ 9:00 am
- 5/23/18 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.