- Wednesday, April 25, 9am: Parent Club meeting plus Q&A with LHS admin for 8th grade parents
- Now through Friday, April 27: Flower Basket Fundraiser! Open for ORDER HERE! (see below)
- Saturday, May 5, 9am - 1pm @ LJHS: Mental Health: What Parents Need to Know. RSVP HERE
- Monday, June 11: 8th grade celebration...Save the date!
MENTAL HEALTH: WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
Presented by the LJHS Parent Club and Shattering Stigma with Stories
Saturday, May 5, 9am - 1pm, at LJHS
Anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges can happen to our kids or to their friends. It can be hard to understand or know how to help. Join us for this half-day conference to learn more about kids and depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide and other mental health issues kids may face, as well as what to look for and how to get help.
Areas of focus will include:
- Panel discussion on stress, depression, and anxiety,
- Personal stories about depressions, self-harm, anxiety, ADHD, and autism
- Expert breakout sessions and presentations on suicide & self-harm, anxiety disorders, working with the school to support your child, coping skills for kids AND parents, as well as practical strategies for helping when mental illness happens to someone you care about.
- This event is free of charge.
- Parents only please. No childcare provided.
- For more information, contact email@example.com or conference director Tara Rolstad at Tara@tararolstad.com.
NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, April 25, 9am at LJHS
Please join us for our next Parent Club meeting. We'll vote on the new slate of Parent Club Board members as well as have a Q&A with Principal Schultz, so bring your questions!
- Plus at the end, we'll have a Q&A with LHS administrators for 8th grade parents. We hope to see you at the meeting!
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Now through Friday, April 27th
Spring is here. Brighten your patio with hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price – and proceeds will benefit the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter. They make a great Mother's Day gift! All online orders are due by Friday, April 27th.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Weds, May 9th (2-5:30pm). Baskets are supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR.
- CLICK HERE to order now
ONGOING VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- STUDENT STORE: The student store would love your used printer cartridges. Please consider donating any used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 4/25/18 @ 9:00 am
- 5/23/18 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.