This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
- Wed, Oct 21: School Advisory Committee Meeting, 5-6pm
- Wed, Oct 21: Personal Technology Policy Parent Conversation, 6-6:30pm
- Sun, Oct 25: Last day to order pies, cobblers and fruit as part of our fundraiser (11/10 pick-up)
- Wed, Oct 28: Parent Club Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Wed, Oct 28: 6th Grade Parent Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am AND 6-7pm **NEW DATE & TIME**
- Get a full calendar here
OUR OKTOBERFEST FUNDRAISER WAS A HIT!
Over 250 people attended our annual and amazing auction fundraiser last night at Marylhurst University. We had fun games, great food, and generous bidding all around. The costumes were entertaining and the decorations were impressive! It is too soon to know how much we raised, but we’ll report on that soon. THANK YOU to the many, many volunteers, donors, parents, supporters, and especially the organizers of this wonderful event, led by Julie Davidson. WE COULDN’T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
COME DISCUSS THE SCHOOL’S STUDENT TECHNOLOGY POLICY
Wednesday, October 21st, 6-6:30pm
Join fellow parents and Principal Schultz at this meeting to discuss the school’s cell phone and technology policy as well as to look toward our school’s future with technology. It is designed as a follow-up to the discussion that started at our September Parent Club meeting. Please join us!
NEW DATE & TIME: “SUPPORTING YOUR 6TH GRADER” PRESENTATION
Wednesday, October 28th, 9:30-10:30am AND 6-7pm
In an effort to reach and support more 6th grade parents, Ms. Watts has agreed to offer her presentation at two times on October 28th. She will present at the Parent Club meeting the morning of October 28th and offer the same presentation from 6-7pm that evening. These interactive sessions are designed to help parents support their sixth grader(s) and connect with fellow 6th grade parents.
GET SOME PIES, COBBLERS AND FROZEN FRUIT AND HELP SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS!
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is again running this sweet fundraiser, at same prices as your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school. Check your student's bag for the order form (sent home Thursday, 8/24) or CLICK HERE for easy online ordering. Forward this to your local friends and family too!
Hurry! Orders close 10/25 and pick up is 11/10. Don't miss it!
GET ACCESS TO THE STUDENT DIRECTORY
Just join the Parent Club and you'll have access to the mobile directory which will enable you to easily contact other families. Have questions? Contact LJHSdirectory@gmail.com
WE COULD USE A LITTLE MORE HELP...
Here are some of the remaining open positions that need volunteers:
- Foundation Captains for 6th and 8th grades: Captains recruit donation callers, distribute call sheets and communicate to parents about the Lake Oswego School Foundation efforts. Contact Kari Curry (email@example.com) or Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested or would like to learn more.
- Be a Lunch Monitor: Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.