This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
Wednesday, Sept 30: Art Literacy Volunteer Meeting
Wednesday, Sept 30: First Parent Club General Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am at LJHS (Room D-3)
Saturday, Oct 17: Oktoberfest (Parent Club FUN-draiser), 6:00 - 10:00 pm at Marylhurst University
Get a full calendar here
PLEASE JOIN US FOR ONE OR BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING THIS WEDNESDAY!
This Wednesday Sept. 30 @ 9:30 a.m. in Room D-3
- Art Literacy Volunteering Informational Meeting
Art Lit only requires your help three times a year and it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom. If you can’t attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators: Kari Curry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamara DiVergilio (email@example.com)
- Our first Parent Club General Meeting
Come join us to hear about 1) our budget and plans/ideas for supporting the students and school this year, 2) Oktoberfest, our primary and much-anticipated fundraiser, and 3) ways to get involved. We encourage everyone to attend - it’s a great way to learn more about and have a say in what the Parent Club does to support the school!
CAN YOU BELIEVE OUR OKTOBERFEST FUNDRAISER IS ONLY 3 WEEKS AWAY?
10/17/15 @ Marylhurst University -- It’s the Parent Club’s annual auction and funds raised will support library and classroom enhancements and more!
- Have you bought your tickets? There is still time, but prices increase to $75 in October. Click here to buy them today.
- Please donate bottles to the Oktoberfest Wine Wall to be sold at Oktoberfest! We are half-way there... just 70 more bottles needed! Red or white wine with value of $20+ a bottle are gladly accepted! We are also collecting beer for our 99 bottles of beer on the wall! Just contact our coordinators to arrange drop-off or pick-up: Kari Curry (503-970-7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamara DiVergilio (971-226-3574 or email@example.com) or Sunny Freeman (503-970-1501 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Donate a gift card (Amazon, Home Depot, grocery). They are an easy way to support the event. These can be sent to LJHSOktoberfest@gmail.com.
- Other auction donations are still needed - Click here for ideas and online donation form
- Treat our staff with a “sponsor a teacher” ticket or buy a super soft Pacer Cuddle Rugs in Blue or Pink - only $35, makes a great gift!
- Want to get involved? They are also many different ways to help. Contact Julie Davidson, Auction Chair, with any questions.
- SEE OUR PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR DETAILS
Orders close 10/25 and pick up is 11/10. Don't miss it!
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school. Check your student's bag for the order form (sent home Thursday, 8/24) or CLICK HERE for easy online ordering. Forward this to your local friends and family too!
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers who have stepped forward to help out at our school store, as lunch monitors and more.
- The Power House (our student store) only has a few more shifts available. Please contact Nilla Persson at email@example.com for more details.
- We can always use more lunch monitors! Without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. NOTE: If you already signed up to be a lunch monitor via the “volunteer spot” website, please sign up again via this link: Lunch Monitors. Sorry for the inconvenience - we are trying to simplify the volunteer process.