This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
We hope everyone had a fun Halloween, despite the unrelenting rain! Now welcome to November - there’s a lot going on!
- Nov 2 - Dec 11: Snowflake Gift Card Drive (see below)
- Nov 5, 3-7pm (also Nov 6-7th): Fundraiser at Wishbone Home and Design to benefit academic achievement at Lakeridge High School
- Nov 5-6: No School (parent-teacher conferences)
- Nov 10: Pie/Cobbler/Fruit Order Pick-up (from Willamette Valley Pie fundraiser)
- Nov 11: No School (Veteran’s Day)
- Dec 2: Parent Club General Meeting, 6:30-7:30pm (EVENING MEETING)
HELP US SUPPORT SCHOOL STAFF DURING CONFERENCES NEXT WEEK
Our wonderful teachers work hard throughout the school year and one of the ways we show them our support and appreciation is by providing breakfast, lunch and dinner for them during the long parent-teacher conferences this coming week. Please sign up to help -- we need food, beverages and set-up/clean-up help.
SIP, SHOP & SUPPORT!
Thursday, November 5th-7th at Wishbone Home and Design (41 B Avenue, Lake Oswego)
Please join us at Wishbone Home & Design for a fun evening of light refreshments, appetizers and shopping to benefit Lakeridge High School Academic Achievement. Wishbone Home & Design features Furniture, Lighting, Accessories, Art, Gifts & Found Objects. Services Include: Design Consultation, Custom Finishings and Upholstery. Durant Vineyards will also be there sampling their wine & olive oil, as well as taking holiday orders. In addition, designer holiday wreaths will be available for ordering. Just mention Lakeridge High School and a portion of all the proceeds go to help fund Lakeridge High School Academic Achievement. If you have any questions, please contact Wishbone Home & Design, (503) 636-1229, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, November 5th, 3-7pm
- Friday, November 6th, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 7th, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Now that it is dark, we need volunteer(s) to help kids cross the parking lot safely and keep traffic moving. Help is needed between 7:25-7:55am, Monday through Friday. You’ll even get to wear a reflective vest and carry a flag. Contact Kari Curry (email@example.com) or Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
OKTOBERFEST WAS A VERIFIED SUCCESS!
In case you missed the fabulous news at our Parent Club meeting last week, Oktoberfest netted over $40,000!!! This is an increase of nearly 20% over last year. THANK YOU ALL for your generous support.
- Deals and parties remain! Even though the auction itself is over, there are still party spots and other items available to buy, including some available online only. SHOP HERE NOW.
- Have any comments or suggestions for next year? Or are you interested in participating or even chairing it next year? This event is a well-oiled machine by now -- it is a perfect event to co-chair with a friend or two (plus you’ll have help from over 40 other volunteers). Just email Julie Davidson (who won’t be at LJHS next year to be our chair) with any questions. Full handover support is guaranteed.
Tuesday, November 10 (time TBD)
Thanks to everyone who has purchased a pie, cobbler or fruit to help support our school! Everything will be delivered FROZEN (and desserts are unbaked) so plan to get them straight home. Thank you to Brooke Moffenbeier and Cindy Stelk for coordinating this most delicious fundraiser. Questions? Please contact our Holiday Pie Experts Brooke Moffenbeier and Cindy Stelk.
SNOWFLAKE GIFT CARD DRIVE
Nov 2 - Dec 11
We are collecting gift cards which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are needed and greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are great because they cover lots of different needs. Please drop them off to Marcy Watts in the office. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
DID YOU MISS LAST WEEK’S PARENT CLUB MEETING?
If you couldn’t join us at last week’s Parent Club meeting, check out our page on the school website for the meeting minutes and financial reports (budget, balance sheet and P&L summary.) And please join us for our next general meeting: December 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm.
If you missed our parent meeting about the student technology/cell phone policy, you can see Principal Schultz’s presentation and the meeting notes here. The technology policy will be on the agenda for the next SAC (School Advisory Committee) meeting.
HOW ELSE TO HELP...
Here are some of the remaining open positions that need volunteers:
- Foundation Captains for 6th and 8th grades: Captains recruit donation callers, distribute call sheets and communicate to parents about the Lake Oswego School Foundation efforts. Contact Kari Curry (email@example.com) or Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested or would like to learn more.
- Be a Lunch Monitor: Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.