Thank you to everyone who attended last week's Parent Education Night, especially our teachers and staff who presented around the theme of Embrace Different. It was a great event and we are excited to offer two more impactful Parent Edcuation Nights in February and March. Please mark your calendars with these important dates:February 6th, 7:00 PM: Parent Education Night: Resiliency Panel with expert panelists
March 12th, 7:00PM: Parent Education Night: Shattring Stigma with Tara RolstadtUpcoming Parent Club Events: Resiliency Panel: 6th, 7:00 PM: Back by popular demand, the Parent Club and Lakeridge JH will host a Resiliency Panel with Dr. Shannon Odell, pediatricians from Pediatric Associates of the NW and our school counselors. This event is similar to one held last year and because it was so well received we wanted to bring it back. Being resilient is about so much more than just bouncing back, it's about navigating through. We parents want to learn how to teach our kids how to cope with whatever adversity they face. However, we don't always know the right words to say or have an idea of what action we could take. Please join our panel of as we learn about combating the stressors of today with the building blocks of resiliency.
- Admission is FREE -- parents only please; no child care provided.
- There will be a panel discussion and Q&A for parents. Panelists: Dr. Shannon Odell, PsyD; Dr. Bruce J. Birk, MD, FAAP; Dr. Jim Blum and LJHS Counselors
- Presented by LJHS Parent Club, the LJHS Administration & Counselors, in association with Pediatric Associates NW
- Are you interested in a Parent Club Board or Chair Position? We are looking for President Elect or Co-Presidents Elect, 6th Grade Art Lit Coordinator, Hospitality Chairs, Back to School BBQ Chairs, Auction Chair, Flower Basket Chair and a Team to Manage the Student Store. Please submit your name, area of interest and any questions to Parent Club Volunteer Coordinator, Lynne Thompson at LLCThompson@mac.com
- Box Tops: We will need parents to volunteer to help count Box Tops. If interested please sign-up here or contact Tammi Olund at: Tammi.email@example.comWe will be posting upcoming volunteer opportunities each week. Contact Lynne Thompson, our Volunteer Coordinator with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have been so fortunate to have Susan Stohl and Elizabeth Meckert lead our school store these last three years. Sadly, they will be moving on to the HS next year and we need to find a 2-3 volunteers to fill their shoes. The good news is that they have everything dialed in so the next parents can easily take-over. See below for more informaiton.
Other Fun Stuff:
GET YOUR BOX TOPS READY!! Start gathering your Box Tops for our annual contest February 4 – 15. Place Box Tops in baggies or envelopes, labeled with your student’s advisory teacher. Starting February 4, there will be Box Top collection jars outside the school office for each grade.The advisory class in 6th, 7th and 8th grades that collect the most Box Tops will win treats for the whole class.Join The Parent Club Today:
We are a community of families who are dedicated to the education and success of our children. For a $35 membership you receive access to the LJHS Parent Club ONLINE Directory, voting privileges on 2018-19 general Parent Club decisions AND your dues support student and parent educational opportunities throughout the year. If you haven't yet joined, please click here and make it official. We would love to have 100% participation from our Lakeridge Parent Club families.
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule: For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE. February 6th, 7:00PM: Resiliency Panel, Parent Education NightMarch 12th, 7:00PM: Shattering Stigma Parent Education Night April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary