Thank you to all those who were able to attend last week's Parent Club meeting. We were joined by Principal Schultz as well as Randy Miller and Paul Escolin from LOSD. Randy and Paul are the leaders of the new building project for the district. We covered many aspects of the new building as well as the impacts we will feel this year as construction begins. For details please see the meeting minutes that will be posted this week.
Please be aware that after the New Year, parking will be much more limited and the pick-up and drop-off procedures will be changing. For now, you will note that the pick-up and drop-off location has moved to the end of the main building parking lot. Be sure to pull all the way up to this point when picking-up or dropping off your student. And please, utilize our school buses as much as possible to ease the congestion.
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:Upcoming Parent Club Events:
- January 23rd: 9:00 - 10:30AM: Embrace Different, a presentation for parents to compliment learning happening in our classrooms.
- Locker Clean-Up: Help our kids and staff wrap up before the break with a short locker clean out session on Friday, December 21st. Volunteers are needed to help supervise locker clean up, assist with crowd control in the hallways/pods and keep students focused on the task at hand. They will also help the kids get all their belonging to the correct locations (recycle bins, their backpack, garbage cans, donation bins, library, etc.) Feel free to talk to and engage with the students during this activity. When students are done, please direct them back to their classrooms. Please contact Lynne Thompson at LLCthompson@mac.com with any questions. SIGN UP HERE
- Staff Holiday Cookie & Treat Bar: Please help us celebrate our wonderful staff by contributing to our Parent Club sponsored Holiday Cookie/Treat Bar. Parents are asked to bring 2+ dozen of their favorite holiday cookie or treat to school between 8:00 and 10:00am on Thursday, December 20th. Throughout the day, staff will be able to put together their own cookie trays to bring home and share with their families. Thank you for helping support our hardworking LJHS community! Please SIGN UP HERE and indicate what you’ll be bringing.
- School Store Help Needed: Our awesome school store is need of volunteers and has several shifts available. Contact Susan Stohl at firstname.lastname@example.org for details if you would like to help during any one of the below shifts.
- Every Monday "C" Lunch 1:35- 2:05
- Every Wednesday "C" Lunch 1:11 - 1:41
- Every other Thursday "B" Lunch 12:08 - 12:38
- Every other Friday "C" Lunch 1:11 - 1:41
- We will be posting upcoming volunteer opportunities each week. Contact Lynne Thompson, our Volunteer Coordinator with questions at email@example.com.
- The school store also has copies of our School Directory available for sale.
- Please remember that your used printer cartridges are always welcome at the school store. Get that clutter off your desk and have your student drop off your used cartridges at the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program. Win-Win!
- Barn Bash Party Boards: For those who didn't sign up at Barn Bash, the Casino Royale Party has a few openings left! Enjoy a Las Vegas experience with regulation size gaming tables for Black Jack and Roulette as well as experienced dealers to create an exciting and unique party experience! Get your friends and sign up for a fun night of food, drinks and prizes! Sign up online here: Click Here
- Can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? Did you know that when you shop you can also support LJHS Parent Club. Please remember to choose the Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club as the charity of your choice when you shop through the Amazon Smile Program. Just go to smile.amazon.com and sign up. Then choose Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club. A portion of every order will come to us. Shopping through the smile program is exactly the same as shopping on the normal Amazon website. It's another Win-Win!
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule: For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE. January 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Embracing Different February 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma March 13th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBDApril 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary