Check out what's coming next, from the LJHS Parent Club...
- THIS WEEK
- Mon-Wed, 11/28-30: "Coat Drive" to collect new and/or gently used coats and other winter gear for local families.
- Wed, 11/30, 9:30am (NEW TIME) at LJHS: Parent Club meeting to vote on how to spend money raised -- all parents are invited
- Through 12/9: "Snowflake Gift Card Drive" to collect gift cards for families in need at LJHS
- School Crossing Guards: Still looking for Friday guards (7:20-8am) -- see below for details
- Support LJHS via AmazonSmile and BoxTops -- see below for details
- Auction Sign-up Parties Still Available -- see below for details
LJHS COAT DRIVE
ENDS THIS WEDNESDAY: Monday-Wednesday, November 28-30
LJHS is working to provide local families in need with some wonderful resources for the upcoming winter season. We are collecting new or gently used winter coats, gloves, and scarves - all sizes welcome, infant to adult. Donations will go to Holiday Hope Sparrow Services and Transitional Youth. All donations will benefit our community first and foremost and any overflow will go to families in surrounding communities.
- We will be collecting donations at school drop off and in bins located outside of the office. Any questions, please contact Christina Monk firstname.lastname@example.org or Kari Curry email@example.com. Thank you in advance for all your help and support!
PARENT CLUB MEETING
THIS Wednesday, November 30th, 9:30am - LJHS library. All parents are encouraged to attend!
- How Do We Spend Our Auction Dollars? Did you know that we raised $54,000 at this year's Oktoberfest auction? It was a huge success and we want to thank everyone who participated and contributed. And now we get to decide how to spend the money we raised -- in ways that will support students THIS YEAR! At this month's meeting, the Parent Club board will present our recommendations and then Parent Club members will get to vote on them. We'll hear from Principal Kurt Schultz and members of his technology team on how they would use the chrome books and other technologies we hope to purchase.
- School Start-Time Committee: Principal Kurt Schultz will give us an update on these discussions and what they might mean for our children and families.
- Road Safety: We'll hear the latest on efforts to make the roads around the school safer for our children.
- Raffle Tickets for Gift Cards: Bring in a gift card for a LJHS family in need and be entered into a raffle (you'll get one raffle ticket for every gift card you bring in). The winner will get a gift basket of cosmetics. (See more about our Snowflake gift card drive below)
"SNOWFLAKE" GIFT CARD DRIVE FOR LJHS FAMILIES IN NEED
Through Friday December 9th
LJHS counselors are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS), which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Gift cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are especially helpful because they cover many different needs, but any others are accepted too, of course. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Snowflake Gift Card Collection Box. Questions? Please contact Marcy Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
- NOTE: A RAFFLE TICKET WILL BE GIVEN FOR EVERY GIFT CARD BROUGHT TO THIS WEDNESDAY'S PARENT CLUB MEETING. COUNSELOR MARCY WATTS WILL DRAW THE WINNING TICKET AND THE WINNER WILL GET A GIFT BASKET OF COSMETIC GOODIES.
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- LOOKING FOR FRIDAY GUARDS!
We are looking for parents to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening. Can you help? ALL SHIFTS EXCEPT FRIDAY ARE COVERED (thank you volunteers!). Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
7TH GRADE PAJAMA HOLIDAY PARTY - SALES CLOSING SOON
December 17th 8-11 pm - $40
A roaring fun PJ Holiday Party for 7th graders only -- with a hot cocoa bar, decorate your own holiday cookies, white elephant gift exchange, and lots of fun games and prizes. Later we will calm things down a bit and watch Elf on the big screen with popcorn and pizza. (This is a sign-up party offered at our Oktoberfest Auction).
Want to see the other sign-up parties available? Check out the catalog today and sign up for some amazing experiences for you and/or your child! Some currently open sign-up parties include...7th Grade Pajama Party, 8th Grade Olympic Showdown, Girls Night Out Barre3, Beers and Brats Party, Ladies Wine Night, Progressive Cocktail Party, Starcycle Couples Ride Night, $2500 off Oregon Golf Club social membership!
View the Catalog
DID YOU GET YOUR STUDENT DIRECTORY?
Student directories were delivered via student backpacks before break. If you'd like a directory, but have not purchased one, or purchased one, but did not receive it, please contact email@example.com. They are $5 each and available to LJHS Parent Club members.
TWO EASY WAYS TO SUPPORT LAKERIDGE JUNIOR HIGH
As we head into the holidays, there is a super easy way to support our students and school by way of the LJHS Parent Club: AmazonSmile. You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation! Click here for details.
- BoxTops Funds
Did you know there are more ways to earn BoxTops funds for our school than just clipping box tops? It is easy to register on the BoxTops for Education website at www.btfe.com as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200, or just search using our name and city. There you can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores and participating products. The current Boise Paper Sweepstakes is giving away 10,000 BoxTops and 400 reams of paper to 3 lucky winners. So logon now to enter and thank you for earning BoxTops for our school! Also don't forget the bright blue box hanging outside the school office for all the BoxTops you've already clipped. Thank you!
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - email@example.com
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com