This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
Welcome back! We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and extra-long break. We have lots going on this coming week: the 2015 Coat Drive, the Snowflake Gift Card Drive and a very important Parent Club meeting. We hope you can participate in these important events!
- THIS WEEK: COAT AND GIFT CARD DRIVES! Volunteers will be outside school collecting coats Mon-Thur this week only.
- Wed Dec 2: Parent Club General Meeting, 6:30-7:30pm (EVENING MEETING)
JOIN US AT THE NEXT PARENT CLUB GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, December 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm (EVENING MEETING)
At this meeting we’ll be voting on how to spend funds raised at our auction and Principal Kurt Schultz will give his Principal’s Report. All parents are encouraged to attend! We hope to see you there.
November 30th - December 4th
It's that time of year when you get out your winter coats and realize some don't fit. We have an easy solution that not only helps you but helps a lot of people! Lakeridge Junior High will be collecting your gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes- ages infant to especially adult sizes, women's and men's xs-xxl. These donations will be distributed to families in our community and will also help the Lake Oswego Community Transition Program serving homeless youth and special needs students through age 21.
- To make things easy for you we will be collecting your donations in front of both campuses at drop off and pick up Monday 11/30-Thursday 12/3. Barrels will also be located by the LJHS office.
- CAN YOU HELP THIS WEEK? Please check in at the main office and then wheel the labeled barrels to the front of main campus and west campus for parents and kids to drop-off outerwear for donation, before and after school. Sign up here.
- If you would like to help or have any questions, please contact Kari Curry at email@example.com or Christina Monk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through December 11th
We are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS), which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are great because they cover lots of different needs. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Gift Card Collection Bin.
IMPORTANT: volunteers will be outside collecting gift cards at drop off and pick up from Monday 11/30- Thursday 12/3. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
BOY SCOUT TROOP 127’s CHRISTMAS TREE LOT IS OPEN!
Boy Scout Troop 127's Christmas Tree Lot at George Rogers Park is open despite construction! A Lake Oswego tradition for 68 years, we have locally-grown noble firs & wreaths plus free cookies and cocoa! Open 7 days starting November 28th - December 13 (or until sold out). See our Facebook page for hours and a map of our new loading zone.
PROBLEMS AT THE BRYANT AND JEAN INTERSECTION!
We are looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
WE NEED LUNCH MONITORS!
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
A FEW MESSAGES FROM THE LAKE OSWEGO SCHOOL DISTRICT FOUNDATION
- The Foundation's goal this year is to raise $2 Million to hire and retain teaches. Last year the Foundation raised $1.4 Million from more than 2,400 donors.
- Save The Date: LOSD Foundation Luncheon
February 17th at the Oregon Golf Club
Tickets will go on sale in January. The keynote speaker is Rob Franek, Senior Vice President-Publisher at The Princeton Review. Rob is lead author or co-author of: The Best 397 Colleges, Colleges That Pay Your Back: The 200 Best Value Colleges and What It Takes to Get In, and The U Fits: Expert Advice on Finding the Right College and Getting Accepted. He has appeared over a dozen times on NBC "Today," as well as on ABC "Good Morning America," CBS "This Morning," and on several FOX, CNN, and NPR programs. The luncheon is sure to sell out, so be sure to purchase your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!