Thank you to everyone who purchased pies and/or frozen fruit from the Willamette Valley Pie fundraiser. It was a great success! Pick your pies up Nov. 6th from 4-6 PM in the cafeteria.
Thank you to the generous families who contributed to the staff meals for conferences. The staff was thrilled with the fabulous meals.
If you were unable to attend the 2018 Barn Bash you can still join in the fun by signing up for one or more of the Party Boards. Click Here to checkout events you could attend with fellow parents or students. The Casino Royale party still has openings! The price has been reduced to accommodate more people.
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- November 6th, 4:00-6:00PM: Pick up ordered pies & fruit in the cafeteria
- November 7th, 9:00AM: Parent Club General Meeting
- November 9th, 6:30-9PM: Movie Night Fundraiser (Greatest Showman), sponsored by LJHS Drama Club
- November 14th, 7:00PM: Parent Education Night focused on Embracing Different
- December 12th, 9:00AM Parent Club General Meeting
Upcoming Parent Club Events:
- November 7th, 9AM - 10:30 AM. PARENT CLUB MEETING. We will be voting on how to spend the funds raised at the Barn Bash. Come learn about the experiences that will enrich your students' learning this school year through the use of these funds.
- We will also have a speaker on the topic of Dyslexia. There are new screening laws that will directly impact students, parents, teachers and staff. Come learn what this could mean for your student and family.
- November 14th, 7:00PM. Join Principal Schultz and guest speakers for a discussion on Embracing Different. This timely and informative talk will compliment student discussions that will be happening at school assemblies.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child’s day by spending 30 minutes at school for lunchtime supervision. Feel free to SIGN UP or just drop in. Click HERE for the daily schedule. “A” Lunch is for 6th graders only and “B” and “C” lunches are for 7th and 8th graders.
- We will be posting upcoming volunteer opportunities each week. Contact Lynne Thompson, our Volunteer Coordinator with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our school store has some awesome new apparel options that will be available for purchase. Don't forget to check out the new hoodies and sweatshirts pictured below. These are priced at $35 and would make an awesome gift for your kiddo. Or buy one for yourself and show your own school spirit! Cash and checks are accepted at the School Store. Checks should be made out to LJHS Parent Club.
- Please remember that your used printer cartridges are always welcome at the school store. Get that clutter off your desk and have your student drop off your used cartridges at the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program. Win-Win!
- Printed directories will be distributed to advisory classrooms by the end of the week. There will be a small amount of directories for sale at the school store if anyone wants to buy one.
- Can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? Did you know that when you shop you can also support LJHS Parent Club. Please remember to choose the Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club as the charity of your choice when you shop through theAmazon Smile Program. Just go to smile.amazon.com and sign up. Then choose Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club. A portion of every order will come to us. Shopping through the smile program is exactly the same as shopping on the normal Amazon website. It's another Win-Win!
- The LJHS Drama Club is headed to NYC and is hosting a movie night fundraiser at LJHS on November 9th. Plan a date night for you and your SO while your student is happily entertained with their friends at movie night watching the Greatest Showman. Festivities start at 6:30 and wrap up at 9:00. See the attached flyer for more information. Check out the Movie Night Flyer.
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule: For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetingsplease click HERE. November 7th: 9:00AM- 10:30AM in the library. Vote on how to spend money raised at Barn Bash November 14th: 7:00PM in the library. Parent Education Night. Embracing Diversity December 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Update on new building, move from W. campus & parkingJanuary 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBDFebruary 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma March 13th: (:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBDApril 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!