This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
- TODAY - Sun, Oct 25: Last day to order pies, cobblers and fruit (11/10 pick-up)
- Wed, Oct 28: Parent Club Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Wed, Oct 28: 6th Grade Parent Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am AND 6-7pm
- Get a full calendar here
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is again running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school. Check your student's bag for the order form (sent home Thursday, 8/24) or CLICK HERE for easy online ordering. Forward this to your local friends and family too. Hurry! Orders close at 11:59pm TONIGHT (10/25) and pick up is 11/10. Don't miss it!
ITEMS & PARTIES STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE OKTOBERFEST ONLINE AUCTION
- Deals and parties remain! Even though the auction itself is over, there are still party spots and other items available to buy, including some items available exclusively online. For example, there is a 3-pack haircut package at Sport Clips for $50 (valued at $72), movie tickets, pint glasses, cuddle rugs and more for sale. SHOP HERE NOW.
- Want to know how much we made from Oktoberfest? Join us at this Wednesday’s Parent Club meeting (Oct 28th, 9:30am) at LJHS. We’ll publish results later as well.
- Have any comments or suggestions for next year? Or are you interested in participating or even chairing it next year? This event is a well-oiled machine by now -- it is a perfect event to co-chair with a friend or two (plus you’ll have help from over 40 other volunteers). Just email Julie Davidson (who won’t be at LJHS next year to be our chair) with any questions. Full handover support is guaranteed.
Wednesday, October 28th, 9:30-10:30am -- LJHS
Please join the Parent Club board and fellow parents at this month’s general Parent Club meeting. We’ll discuss the Oktoberfest results, hear from Principal Kurt Schultz, hear from our School Board liaisons, and get updates on other fundraising and spending plans. The 6th grade parent presentation will follow the Parent Club part of the meeting. We hope to see you there!
"SUPPORTING YOUR 6TH GRADER" PRESENTATION
Wednesday, October 28th, 9:30-10:30am AND 6-7pm
In an effort to reach and support more 6th grade parents, Ms. Watts has agreed to offer her presentation at two times on October 28th. She will present at the Parent Club meeting the morning of October 28th and offer the same presentation from 6-7pm that evening. These interactive sessions are designed to help parents support their sixth grader(s) and connect with fellow 6th grade parents.
HOW TO HELP...
Here are some of the remaining open positions that need volunteers:
- Foundation Captains for 6th and 8th grades: Captains recruit donation callers, distribute call sheets and communicate to parents about the Lake Oswego School Foundation efforts. Contact Kari Curry (email@example.com) or Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested or would like to learn more.
- Be a Lunch Monitor: Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.