- THIS WEEK
- Tuesday, 8/29: 6th graders start
- Wednesday, 8/30: 7th and 8th graders start
- NEXT WEEK
- Monday, 9/4: LABOR DAY (no school)
- Wednesday, 9/6, 9:00-10:30 am, at LJHS: Welcome Back / New Family Coffee
- LATER ON
- Thursday, 9/14, 6:30 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Night
- Friday, 9/15, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Barbeque
- Friday, 9/15: Deadline to confirm your contact information for the school directory
- Wednesday, 9/20, 9:00 - 10:00 am, at LJHS: First Parent Club Meeting
- Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
WELCOME BACK / NEW FAMILY COFFEE
Wednesday, 9/6, 9:00-10:30 am, at LJHS -- right after school starts!
Come visit with LJHS staff and fellow parents and learn about the coming year. Offered by the Parent Club. No RSVP necessary - just come by!
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, 9/14, 6:30 - 8:30 pm at LJHS
Hear from Principal Schultz, meet your child's teachers and hear what's in store for the year. Find out more about opportunities to get involved from the Parent Club. And the Student Store will be open for business, so be sure to get your spirit wear!
BACK TO SCHOOL BARBEQUE
Friday, 9/15, 5-7 pm, at LJHS -- for the whole family!
Get back into the school groove at our Back to School Barbecue. Catch up with friends and get to know your fellow LJHS parents and families. Attendance is free! Food is offered by KOI Fusion (innovative Korean & Mexican food) and a local taco truck and food tickets are available for $9.00 per person. Eat, socialize, then head to LJH football game (via a free shuttle bus)! Bring your blankets and chairs and join us on the lawn, plus we will have tables set up in the cafeteria.
- Click HERE to pre-order your food to guarantee your meal. Choose beef, chicken or tofu for your meal ticket. That night you can choose whether you want tacos, a burrito or a bowl. NOTE: Please select chicken if you need a gluten free choice. Sorry, NO REFUNDS.
- Volunteers are needed for set-up, help with will collecting/selling tickets, and help with clean up. Time commitment is minimal. People are needed across four shifts between 4:15 - 7:30pm. Click HERE to help!
- NOTE: Oktoberfest Auction tickets will be available for purchase!
SCHOOL DIRECTORY: PLEASE CONFIRM CONTACT INFORMATION
DEADLINE: Friday, September 15th
Have you confirmed your information for the school directory? It is important that ALL families do so, even if you do not want access to the directory yourself and even if you've already signed up to join the Parent Club. You should have received one or two emails about this and should use the link provided in that email to confirm or change your information. Thank you to the families who have already done so! If you have not received an email about this already or if you have any questions, please contact LJHSdirectory@gmail.com.
FIRST PARENT CLUB MEETING: ART LITERACY INTRO + GOOGLE CLASSROOM TRAINING
Wednesday, 9/20, 9:00 - 10:00 am, at LJHS -- right after school starts
All are encouraged to attend -- find out what the Parent Club is all about and meet other parents! Our core topics will include:
- Oktoberfest Auction: what, when and how to get involved
- Art Literacy Volunteering: it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom! If you can't attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
- Homework/Grades AccessTraining: learn how to view your child's homework and grades via tools such as Google Classroom, ParentVue, and more.
What: Our school's primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only)
When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Where: Oaks Park (in the Dance Pavilion) in Portland
Why: To support our kids and have fun!
How Much: $65 per ticket through August 31st (then $75).
What to Do Next:
- Buy EVENT tickets and/or sponsor a TEACHER to attend
- DONATE an item to be auctioned off or contact Robin Walsh with questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- VOLUNTEER: Let us know if you'd like to help out by emailing Julie Davidson @ LJHSOktoberfest@gmail.com
- MassMutual Oregon
- Prime Lending
- Susan Stohl, Windermere Realty Group
- Sunny Freeman, Windermere Realty Group
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, Back to School BBQ, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Robin Walsh @ email@example.com
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 9/20/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- President: Janell Herman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Robin Walsh (email@example.com)
- Vice President: Karie Jett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Heather Dudley (email@example.com)
- Secretary: Heather Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kari Curry (email@example.com)
- Fundraising: Julie Davidson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Check out our website for more information.