- THIS WEEK
- Tuesday, 8/30: 6th graders start
- Wednesday, 8/31: 7th and 8th graders start
- NEXT WEEK
- Monday, 9/5 - LABOR DAY (no school)
- Wednesday, 9/7, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS: Parent Welcome Coffee
- Friday, 9/9, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Barbeque
- LATER ON
- Thursday, 9/22, 7:00 - 9:00 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Night
- Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS: First Parent Club Meeting
- Saturday, 10/15, 6:00 pm, in the "Hofbrauhaus" at the Embassy Suites in Tigard: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
PARENT WELCOME COFFEE
Wednesday, 9/7, 9:30-10:30 am, at LJHS
Come visit with fellow LJHS parents and learn about the coming year. Offered by the Parent Club. No RSVP necessary - just come by!
BACK TO SCHOOL BARBEQUE
Friday, 9/9, 5-7 pm, at LJHS
$8.00 per person, food by 808 Grinds (authentic Hawaiian cuisine). Eat, socialize, then head to LJH football game! Pre-order to guarantee your meal. There will be a selection of authentic Hawaiian dishes (choose from Kalua Pork, Fried Chicken, Shoyu Chicken, or Fried Eggplant, with rice and Asian slaw). Sorry, NO REFUNDS. Click HERE to buy your tickets now and HERE if you can help (4 different time slots available)! NOTE: Oktoberfest Auction tickets will be available for purchase (last day for early bird pricing, $70.)
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, 9/22, 7-9 pm at LJHS
Hear from Principal Schultz, visit your child’s classrooms and hear their teachers give an overview of the year.
FIRST PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS
All are encouraged to attend -- find out what the Parent Club is all about and meet other parents!
What: Our school's primary fundraiser and community builder
When: Saturday, October 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Where: Hofbrauhaus at Embassy Suites in Tigard
Why: To support our kids and have fun!
How Much: $70 per ticket through September 9th
What to Do About it: Buy EVENT tickets and/or RAFFLE tickets, DONATE, SPONSOR and/or VOLUNTEER! And don't forget to follow us on Facebook!
Proudly sponsored by:
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, BBQ, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc. We need more volunteers for the Back to School BBQ on 9/9 (4 different time slots available) -- click here for more details and help if you can!
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $70 each through 9/9. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
9/28/16 @ 9:30 am
10/26/16 @ 9:30 am
11/30/16 @ 7:00 pm
1/25/17 @ 9:30 am
2/22/17 @ 7:00 pm
3/22/17 @ 9:30 am
4/26/17 @ 7:00 pm
5/24/17 @ 9:30 am
- Your 2016-2017 Parent Club Board Members:
President: Janell Herman (email@example.com)
Vice President: Robin Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Heather Dudley (email@example.com)
Secretary: Heather Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteer Coordinators: Kari Curry (email@example.com) and Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Oktoberfest Co-Chairs: Michelle Huntington (email@example.com) and Karie Jett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com