LJHS Parent Club Weekly: Aug 30, 2015
This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB. We’ll keep you up-to-date on all of our events and give you plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Monday Aug 31: First day of school for 6th graders; Early-bird pricing on Oktoberfest tickets ends tonight!
Tuesday Sept 1: First day of school for 7th-8th graders
Wednesday Sept 2:
Thursday Sept 3: Early release (2:05 pm)
Friday Sept 4:
IMPORTANT FUTURE DATES
Sept 7: Labor Day - NO SCHOOL; Deadline for ordering meals for the Back to School BBQ
Sept 11: Back to School BBQ, 5:00 - 7:00 pm at LJHS
Sept 17: Back to School Night, 6:30 - 8:30 pm at LJHS
Sept 30: Parent Club General Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am at LJHS
Oct 17: Oktoberfest (Parent Club FUN-draiser), 6:00 - 10:00 pm at Marylhurst University
Get a full calendar here
BACK TO SCHOOL BBQ
Friday Sept. 11, 5-7pm at LJHS, rain or shine!
Bring your family and help celebrate the new year with fellow LJHS families! This is a family event - no drop-offs please!
- Pine Shed Ribs will be cooking up a meal that includes your choice of Pulled Pork or Portabella Mushroom Sliders with slaw, chips, cookie, and a drink.
- Order meals through Monday, September 7. Meals can be purchased online for $8.25 each. If you prepay for meals, your name will be on the list at the event. If you miss the order deadline (Monday, Sept. 7) feel free to pack up a picnic dinner and join us on the lawn.
- Enjoy performances by the Pacer Band, along with the Cheer and Dance teams. The fun continues through the evening at Lakeridge High School's first football game of the season. Take the shuttle from the LJHS parking lot and avoid the search for a parking space (for both parents and students.)
- Can you take a shift and lend a helping hand? Sign up now and thank you for your help!
- SEE THE PARENT CLUB WEBSITE FOR DETAILS
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday Sept. 17, 6:30-8:30pm at LJHS
Visit the Parent Club table at Back to School Night, where we’ll help you with the following:
- Sign up for the Parent Club ($35 a family) - membership gets you access to the online student directory and voting rights within the Club
- Sign up for Oktoberfest, the Parent Club’s primary fundraiser (see below for details)
- Exclusive to LJHS! Pacer Cuddle rugs are super plush fleece blankets, 50" x 60" and come with a stadium carry strap. Lasered with the Pacer "L", these are perfect for everything from fall games to baby gifts for Future Pacers! Only $35 each, limited quantity of Pacer Blue or Light Pink. Purchase with your Oktoberfest tickets here, or on their own here.
Saturday Oct. 17, 6 - 10 pm at Marylhurst University
Oktoberfest is the Parent Club’s annual celebration and silent auction. We hope to see you there!
- Tickets are on sale now and over 100 have already been sold - you will know someone there! Early-bird pricing of $65 each ends Monday, August 31.
- Can't make it? Consider Sponsoring a teacher ticket!
- Want to get involved? We need your help putting this all together. Have something to donate to the auction? We need that too! Contact Julie Davidson, Auction Chair, to volunteer or donate today.
- Please donate to the Oktoberfest Wine Wall and 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. We are currently collecting bottles of wine (red or white) valued at $20.00 or higher and craft beers. If you have donations or questions please contact Kari Curry (503-970-7003) or Tamara DiVergilio (971-226-3574).
- SEE OUR PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR DETAILS
The LJHS Parent Club is our version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We provide needed support to the school and staff to benefit our students. We also provide an opportunity for connection with fellow parents/families. And we would love your participation - in whatever way you can give it! Here are some options:
- Come to a Parent Club meeting! NEXT: September 30, 9:30 - 10:30am at LJHS. We meet monthly, including some morning and evening meetings to make it convenient for everyone. Check out our calendar and join us when you can.
- Join the Parent Club ($35 a family) - membership gets you access to our online student directory and voting rights within the Club
- Make a donation - your donations are greatly appreciated and go directly to supporting the staff and students!
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Volunteer! We need your help with events, Art Literacy and other programs, lunch monitoring, etc. We can find something to fit your interests and availability. You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry (503-970-7003) or Tamara DiVergilio (971-226-3574) with questions.
- Can you help at The Power House, our Student Store? We need parents for 20 minutes for each lunch shift. Please contact Nilla Persson at email@example.com
- Participate in our fundraisers - first up is Oktoberfest, which is not to be missed!
- Stay informed and come to our activities. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
- SEE THE PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or THE LJHS SITE FOR DETAILS