- THIS Fri 4/21 -- Last day to order flowers through our final fundraiser of the year
- Wed, 4/26 -- Volunteers needed for testing day activities for 6th graders
- Wed, 4/26, 7:00-8:30 pm @ Hop N Cork -- Parent Club Meeting and Social... Meet the school board candidates!
- Cupcake Fundraiser to Support Leukemia Research
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Now through FRIDAY - April 21st... Baskets are selling out fast. Order yours today.
Help us raise money for our school and buy your hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year -- they make a great Mother's Day gift! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price -- with proceeds benefits the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter and filled to the brim with color
- All online orders and money are due by Friday, April 21st.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Thur, May 11th (2-5:30pm).
- Baskets supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR
- Questions? Email Tricia Cook.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP WITH TESTING DAY ACTIVITIES FOR 6TH GRADERS
Wednesday, April 26, LJHS
When 6th graders are not testing for language arts, the school has planned some fun and active team-building activities for them to do. We are looking for parents to staff 10 stations (1+ parents per station) the students will rotate through, along with their advisory teachers. Click here to learn more and sign up. Thanks for your help!
PARENT SOCIAL - PLEASE JOIN US!
Wednesday, April 26, 7-8:30pm, Hop N Cork (17450 Lower Boones Ferry Rd)
Join us at our next Parent Club meeting - and SOCIAL - on April 26th at Hop N Cork from 7-8:30pm. We have also invited the LOSD School Board Candidates to join us: Sara Pocklington, Rob Wagner, John Wendland, and Liz Hartman. The meeting portion will be super quick - we hope to see you there.
*NEW* MESSAGE FROM THE LOSD SCHOOL BOND COMMITTEE
Looking for an opportunity to get involved in your community and make a real impact on our schools? Join fellow parents, students and Lake Oswego community members at our family-friendly school bond Days of Action and Honk and Wave events this month! For more information on how to get involved, please contact your school ambassadors at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be social with us! Like and follow the Keep Lake Oswego Schools First Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/loschoolsfirst/ -- Clinton Harper, Keep Lake Oswego Schools First
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE STUDENT STORE
The LJHS Student Store needs your help -- especially during B lunch from 11:40-12:10, Mondays and Fridays through the end of the year. Training will be provided. If you're interested or if you have questions, please contact Sarah Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (720) 219-9225.
CUPCAKE FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT LEUKEMIA RESEARCH
Available for order now, for delivery April 1-30
Anna Seely, a current Lakeridge Junior High School eight grader, is the Girl of the Year for the Oregon and Southwest Washington Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As a leukemia survivor, Anna is working with Kyra Bussanich of Kyra's Bake Shop to sell cupcakes that directly raise funds in support of leukemia research. These cupcakes are available for pre-order now, for pick-up from April 1 - April 30. Click here for the pre-order form to purchase cupcakes to support this worthwhile cause.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com