- Wed, 3/22, 9:30 am -- Parent Club Meeting at LJHS -- school bond info & Google Classroom training
- Cupcake Fundraiser to Support Leukemia Research -- taking orders for April now!
- Sat, 4/8 eve -- Volunteers needed for River Grove auction
- Wed, 4/12 -- Knife sharpening to support LJHS (more details coming soon)
- Fri 4/21 -- Last day to order flowers through our final fundraiser of the year
- Wed, 4/26, 7:00 pm -- Parent Club Meeting and Social (details to be shared as we get closer
JOIN US THIS WEDNESDAY AT THE NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, March 22, 9:30am, Lakeridge Junior High School library
Please join us THIS Wednesday where we'll ...
- hear from School Board member John Wendland about the upcoming bond. He'll give a short presentation and answer questions. It's a great opportunity to get your questions answered and to learn more about the upcoming bond.
- learn more about the use of Google Classroom & Synergy at LJHS -- come with your questions on this topic too!
WANT TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS MAY'S SCHOOL BOND?
Interested in being a part of the effort to invest in our kids and community, raise awareness about the needs facing our schools, and pass the May 2017 school bond? Join fellow parents, neighbors, and community members today! From one-day volunteer opportunities to writing a letter to the editor in support of the bond, there are many different ways to get involved. For more information on how to get involved, please contact your school ambassadors Tamara DiVergilio at email@example.com or Robin Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also like and follow the Keep Lake Oswego Schools First page on Facebook for the latest updates and news:https://www.facebook.com/loschoolsfirst/
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Now through April 21st
Help us raise money for our school and buy your hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price -- with proceeds benefits the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter and filled to the brim with color - they make a great Mother's Day gift!
- All online orders and money are due by Friday, April 21st.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Thur, May 11th (2-5:30pm).
- Baskets supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR
- Questions? Email Tricia Cook.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE STUDENT STORE
The LJHS Student Store needs your help -- especially during B lunch from 11:40-12:10, Mondays and Fridays through the end of the year. Training will be provided. If you're interested or if you have questions, please contact Sarah Connolly at email@example.com or (720) 219-9225.
CUPCAKE FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT LEUKEMIA RESEARCH
Available for pre-order now, for delivery April 1-30
Anna Seely, a current Lakeridge Junior High School eight grader, is the Girl of the Year for the Oregon and Southwest Washington Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As a leukemia survivor, Anna is working with Kyra Bussanich of Kyra's Bake Shop to sell cupcakes that directly raise funds in support of leukemia research. These cupcakes are available for pre-order now, for pick-up from April 1 - April 30. Click here for the pre-order form, if you would like to purchase cupcakes to support this worthwhile cause.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR RIVER GROVE AUCTION
Saturday, April 8th, Marylhurst University
The auction is a vintage carnival theme with games and all. They are looking for about 25 volunteers for the first half of the evening (3:30-7:30) -- the rolls to fill include; check-in, ticket sellers, and staffing games. For the rest of the evening (starting at 7:30), they only need about 10 people for data entry, live auction runners, trackers and check out. This year they will have a break room available and will be serving a hot buffet for the volunteers. Check out the time options here.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org