This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
- March 16, 7:30pm, Lakeridge High School (lower gym): South Side Band Festival (includes junior high and high school bands)
- March 16: Lakeridge Girls Lacrosse Fundraiser at Baja Fresh Lake Oswego, 17805 SW 65th Ave (Mention Lakeridge High School Girls Lacrosse when ordering to support the team)
- March 21-25: HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK!
- March 30, 9:30am, Lakeridge Junior HS: Next General Parent Club Meeting (Climate & Culture Survey review)
- April 1, 9:15-10:45am, Lakeridge High School: PEERS discussion about managing test anxiety
- Now through April 22: Order flower baskets as part of the LJHS spring fundraiser
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Now through April 22nd
Help us raise money for our school and buy your hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price -- with proceeds benefits the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter and filled to the brim with color.
- All online orders and money are due by Friday, April 22nd.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Friday, May 6th.
- Baskets supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR
- Questions? Email Carol Sarnowski and Tricia Cook.
- CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONLINE
NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING: CLIMATE & CULTURE SURVEY REVIEW
Wednesday, March 30th -- Lakeridge Junior High School (library) -- 9:30am
All parents are encouraged to attend our next Parent Club meeting where Principal Schultz will review the results of the second annual Climate & Culture survey recently taken by the students. Hope to see you there!
"PEERS" DISCUSSION ABOUT MANAGING TEST ANXIETY
Friday, April 1st -- 9:15 coffee, 9:30-10:45 meeting -- Lakeridge High School Rotunda
This is a town-hall style meeting. The speaker is Patrice Khan, PhD. She teaches students how to manage test anxiety and stress, raise test scores and master lifelong skills using scientifically-validated tools, techniques and terminology. This promises to be a fascinating discussion. Q&A to follow.
- PEERS (Parents Encouraging Education, Recognition, and Service) / Parent Education is a sub-committee under the Pacer Parent Club that works to educate and support students and families with the preparation of future goals. They will hold several meetings this school year.
IN THE NEWS...
The Lake Oswego Review had an article last week on our very own Lakeridge Junior High parent, Cheryl Travers, highlighting her wonderful volunteer work as crossing guard for our students. Way to go, Cheryl! Click here to see the article. Want to help Cheryl out? See below for details.
VOLUNTEER NEEDS - PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
- Crossing Guard at Bryant & Jean Intersection - We are still looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- Lunch Monitor: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
BRING IN YOUR BOX TOPS
Each one is worth 10 cents! Find participating BoxTops on hundreds of products. Please drop off BoxTops in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside the LJHS office. Some are expiring soon so don't delay. If you have any questions, please contact the BoxTops Coordinator, Anne Lambson at email@example.com. Thank you for supporting our school!
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!