- February 28, 9am: Next Parent Club Meeting plus "Coffee with Kurt Q&A"
- March 7-8: CLICK HERE to volunteer to help students with class forecasting
- March 22, 7pm, LJHS: Raising Resilient Kids -- Learn how to help your tween/teen navigate academic and social pressures.
- April 9 is deadline to submit names for open Parent Club Board positions.
- April 25, 9AM, LJHS, Parent Club meeting plus Q&A with LHS admin for 8th grade parents
- Volunteers Needed for the Westridge Auctions (see below)
- COMING IN APRIL: Flower Basket Fundraiser. This is our last fundraiser of the year. Look for more info from our coordinator, Sarah Howell, in the coming weeks. We'll start taking orders after Spring Break, order deadline will be April 27, and delivery will be on May 9.
NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, February 28th, 9am @ LJHS
Please join us at our next general Parent Club meeting, which will include our first installment of "Coffee with Kurt Q&A", a chance to ask Principal Kurt Schultz questions on your mind. This month we will focus on his experience at the Museum of Tolerance workshop, continuing efforts to increase equity and a positive culture at LJHS, and upcoming parent learning opportunities. We hope to see you there!
- OPEN 2018-19 Parent Club Board positions, deadline to submit your name for consideration is APRIL 9. Thank you to all of you who have expressed interest! We still have some open positions and if you are interested or have any questions, please contact the Parent Club Secretary, Heather Hart @ firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be voting on the slate of new officers at our 4/25 general meeting.
FORECASTING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Wednesday March 7 & Thursday March 8 @ LJHS, many shifts available between 8:55am - 3:55pm
Volunteers are needed to help current 6th and 7th graders complete their online forecasting. This is a fun, easy job and a great opportunity to interact with the kiddos! Forecasting will take place during Social Studies. Thank you in advance for your help! Please allow time to check in at the office before your shift. Contact Kari Curry at email@example.com with any questions. Click the RED BOXbelow to go to the sign-up genius to see available shift times and to sign-up.
SIGN UP HERE
RAISING RESILIENT KIDS -- EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSION
March 22, 2018 -- 7pm at LJHS
Why should you attend this parent education panel? Being resilient is about so much more than just bouncing back, it's about navigating through. We parents want to learn how to teach our kids how to cope with whatever adversity they face. However, we don't always know the right words to say or have an idea of what action we could take. Please join our panel of psychologists, counselors and doctors as we learn about combating the stressors of today with the building blocks of resiliency.
- There will be a panel discussion and Q&A for parents.
- Admission is FREE -- parents only please; no child care provided.
- Panelists: Dr. Shannon Odell, PsyD; Dr. Bruce J. Birk, MD, FAAP; Dr. Richelle M. Neal, MD, FAAP; LJHS Counselors
- Presented by LJHS Parent Club, the LJHS Administration & Counselors, in association with Pediatric Associates NW
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR OTHER SCHOOLS' AUCTIONS
It is tradition that we help out fellow schools by offering volunteer help at each others' auctions and we have received plenty of help from others in the past. So now it is our turn to help!
- WESTRIDGE ELEMENTARY
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 5:45-10pm, at the World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville
Check HERE for specific sign up slots or contact Amy Kaplan (PTSO President of the Westridge PTSO) with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOSD SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT UPDATES
All meetings will be held at Lakeridge Junior High School
You are invited to attend any of the upcoming meetings about school improvements funded by the 2017 Bond:
1) Wednesday, April 4, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
2) Saturday, September 15, 10 am – 11:30 am
NOTE: Click HERE for more details. Childcare is provided.
OTHER VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- STUDENT STORE: The student store would love your used printer cartridges. Please consider donating any used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/25/18 @ 9:00 am
- 5/23/18 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.