- THIS Sat, 3/4, 9:30-11 am -- School Bond Campaign Gathering at LJHS
- Wed, 3/22, 9:30 am -- Parent Club Meeting at LJHS
- Wed, 4/26, 7:00 pm -- Parent Club Meeting and Social (details to be shared as we get closer)
- School Crossing Guards -- Still need more guards (7:20-8am)
Thank you to all of those who came to our Parent Club meeting last week and to our Screenagers movie showing. We hope the movie was the start of many great discussions with your child. Minutes from our meeting can be found here. Please mark your calendars for our next Parent Club meeting on Wednesday March 22nd at 9:30am -- we'll learn more about the use of Google Classroom & Synergy as well as hear from members of the LOSD Bond Committee.
SCHOOL BOND CAMPAIGN GATHERING
Saturday, March 4, 9:30-11:00am, Lakeridge Junior High cafeteria
Parents, teachers, and neighbors are joining together to spread the word about the critical condition of our school buildings and provide information to the community about this year's bond proposal. Attend this gathering to learn more about the bond, what it will accomplish, and how you can help. Visit www.loschoolsfirst.com to learn more. Each school has a designated coordinator that parents can contact to learn more about ways they can get involved. At our school, the coordinators are Tamara DiVergilio and Robin Walsh.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF 8TH GRADERS
June 12, 4-8pm, 8th Grade Celebration at SuperPlay in Beaverton
This year’s LJHS 8th Grade party will be hosted on June 12, 2017 at SuperPlay in Beaverton from 4-8 pm. Students will board buses directly after school and will be dropped off at LJHS afterwards - please plan pick-up transportation accordingly. We are lucky to have the entire venue to ourselves where unlimited bowling, laser tag, and arcade games will be available. Pizza, green salad, fruit, dessert, and a variety of drinks will be served for dinner.
- Right now, the 8th Grade Celebration Committee is collecting pictures of each student to compile a slideshow which will be played on a loop during the off-site party. The slideshow is a special way to showcase each student's individuality as well as highlight the good times they've had together at LJHS. If you have not received an email asking for pictures, or would like more information about the 8th Grade Celebration, contact committee chair Amber Imes at email@example.com.
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS, ESP. MON, TUE, THUR & FRI!
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org